0

Across the Universe: Beth Revis

 Title: Across the Universe
Author: Beth Revis
Release Date: 11th January, 2011

Synopsis: A love out of time. A spaceship built of secrets and murder.
Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.
Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone-one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship-tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.
Now Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.


My Review: I read the first chapter of Across the Universe when it was up on-line for the world to see, when the website was counting down the time until the spaceships departure (release date of book.)
I loved the first chapter, and I really could not wait for this novel. I emailed Beth Revis, informing her how much I loved the first chapter--somehow, through email, I figured out that she had been to Malta (where I live) before. This made me like Beth Revis even more. I know of hardly any authors that have been here.
Anyway, I picked up the novel months later, and let me tell you - wow.

I loved this novel! I loved both Amy and Elder's point of view. I liked how this novel kept me turning the pages. The chapters were not too short, nor too long. They were the perfect length. I never felt tired reading this. My favourite character was definitely Amy. I cared to know what happened to her.
I was expecting a little more romance, what with the all romantic-ness in most YA Lit.
Across the Universe was a really fantastic read.

This novel is part of a series, but can definitely be a stand-alone. I will surely be picking up the next book--even though I have no idea what could happen next. 

Across the Universe is awarded 4.5/5 stars.  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top